Big Yellow is here!!!!!

Fay Prozora

Big Yellow just arrive a little bit ago and it is all set up. I took a few pictures of it from the box to the set up. The light is not here yet and I'm guessing that will come by mail. I tired it out and like love it so far, but I'm going to have to fasten it down as I don't like the way the front part wants to stick out. Or I may cut off part of that shelf in the back corner and then it will slide back in there better and there would be more room for the front and it wouldn't stick out the way it is. It looks like it could slip off the bench. Have a great day and as you look at these pictures, may you remember the day you got your new saws...   Fay

post-16818-0-85642100-1392503425_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-36624600-1392503455_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-74337500-1392503481_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-11617700-1392503519_thumb.jpg

I took the shelf along that back wall down and now the saw fits in there like a glove. No need to fasten it down but wish that light would get here. It hasn't shown up as yet so now I have a lamp on each side of the saw! Oh well the light will come maybe not today but should come soon. It was supposed to come today..... Cutting out a cute little project out now but going ot stop as it is stormy and wind and raining here now and losing daylight. Have a great night   Fay

so glad you received your saw. I was telling my wife about your saw yesterday. Nice to know you have no need to continue waiting for it's arrival. Christmas in February. BTW my wife was born in Port Townsend and we have family in Hadlock, so we are somewhat familiar with where you live. a beautiful area indeed

good sawing.

Dick

heppnerguy

Hey Dick.,, Port Townsend is only about 30 miles from here where I'm staying in Sequim. Sis and I are staying with Mom so we can care for her. She is in her late 80's and her health is not good. I have an apartment in Port Angeles which is about 15 miles west of here. It is really pretty around here.  Port Gamble is so pretty and I wonder how that town stays so clean and kept up. Yeppers.. will go down to attach the light to the saw in a little while. It came late yesterday and this should work out fine as far as lighting. Thanks every one for sharing my excitement with me... Have a great day   Fay

I noticed it seems to like the Olson's blades. I put in an FD blade and it seemed a little bit louder than it was. I did turn the motor speed up a tad and that could be it too. Still cuts great tho. Going to send the light back I think. It won't stay in place with out having to jerry rig it. I'm going to stop for the day. I'm tired now and I'm hungry so I best get some thing to eat. Have a great day    Fay

Some one has told me to try draping it over the top arm of the saw, but I'm thinking that would make the light or the arm go wonk once the arm is lifted. I thought of fastening the light to the top shelf that is on the wall. I took out the lower shelf so the saw fits in that corner like a glove. Have a great night   Fay