Bigmouth Strikes Again!

Nick@tinkers-cove

Hey all.

I put this portrait pattern together and left it sat on ply for weeks. I haven't really had time to cut it recently, so yesterday afternoon I made a point of working on it and was done in less than an hour. I wasn't too sure about the image until after putting a backer on it and stepping away. I've quite a few more on the list to do, but I think that I captured 'Mozza' pretty good.

Hope you like it,

Kindest Regards,

Nick. (p.s - hope Grampa Paul's ok)

post-5837-0-24932000-1392798041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick@tinkers-cove

Good morning Nick

You've captured Morrissey very well. Nice cutting.

One question. Do you leave your portraits

natural or do you apply a finish to them. Interested in hearing what others do as well. Thank you.

Hi Ron. I have a wide range of stains and finishes, but I do really tend to favour the natural look (particularly if the wood is great quality). The Morrissey portrait isn't treated yet, but I will just use a liquid colour enhancer, then a couple of coats of high quality beeswax.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards, Nick.

Where are all the 'Brits' hiding today? Morrissey is a bit of a national treasure over here. If you get a minute, have a look on YouTube for 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' - 'How Soon Is Now?' or 'This Charming Man' and see what he's about. I'm really into the 60's scene (Donovan - Jefferson Airplane etc, but Mozza is also pretty cool).

Thanks for the comments everyone, and I'll post more soon.

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

Nick where's his bunch of flowers. good pattern.

Roly

Hahaha...nice one Roly. His gladioli were in the back of his jeans, and he wouldn't turn round so his face had to do! At last - somebody knows what I'm on about. I really thought that Morrissey was global (even though extremely private).

Regards,

Nick.