my wine box

heppnerguy

I have not posted much of my work for while but I thought that I would post this one. I still need to put the finish on it, but otherwise, I have it done. I added the wine glass inlay just to give it a little more character. It is a Sue Mey pattern and I thought that adding an inlay, I could make it focused on special events, like a wedding, anniversary or birthday and any other event, by changing what is inlayed on the lid. This is only the second inlay I have done so I am in hopes that if anyone decideds to purchase a box from me, it will keep me doing some inlay from time to time.

post-2238-0-94596300-1393560043_thumb.jpg

I posted this wine box on my Facebook page and within 20 minutes, I had an order for 2 of these for wedding gifts. I suggested teh inlay might be wedding bells or double rings, but both wanted the wine glass inlay. It always surprises me how quickly some things sell. Many thanks to Jim Finn for his influence on the inlay. I love how even I can do it (somewhat).

Dick

heppnerguy