Pen Holder

Phantom Scroller

Good day Roly

I can see why other people wanting one. It's unique, beautiful and well done. Don't know if there's much more that can be changed. One suggestion is maybe for the base and top rim using a dark wood and for the middle a lighter wood and vise versa. Other than that I think it looks terrific.

Depending upon the woods used will depend upon what cost I would think.  You did a great job on this.  Personally I tend to use 3 1/2 x cost for pricing as a base to work from.  So let us say that you used $3 in wood, $0.50 in finish that would be by the formula 3.5 x 3.50 = $12.25 add in a bit for time ( you will never get what your time is really worth ) and that could conceivably bring it up to around $15.  Some thing like your pen holder I have seen in shows for $25 or more so depending upon the show those could be a fast sell.

DW

thats a well rounded figure,some will like it others no But if you sell low then your displays are all gone for nothing.i gave a thrift shop two top of the line metal detectors with new batterys .they sold them for less than i paid for the batterys.both for 50 bucks.it was the newest and best thing in the store .i asked why did you sell so low i told you what the cost of them was$1500.Oh we'll never sell them .they sol the same day.i give up. :)

Very nicely done Roly, I think you can get whatever someone is willing to pay, there are many factors at play. Location is one where I live I would be very lucky to get 100 pesos thats 8 bucks then it depends if I'm selling where there are a lot of expats I'll get 200 pesos thats 16 bucks then species of wood is important and the finish of course. yup its whatever the market will bare. 

Thanks DW for input If I make them from plain pine and say £12 I can knock them down to £10 I can make loads from a plank and then do what Ron said about different colour woods and up it to £18 coming down to £16 don't want to go over the top and they think they win.

Thanks all for help and positive feedback I would have probably said a fiver then I would had sold myself cheap.

Roly