For My Ladies Kitchen

Well I have been as busy as a cat on a tin roof lately but I did manage to get a few things done in the last few weeks down in the shop. I am working on wrapping up a few more but they aren’t quit done yet.

Here are a couple of Arpop trivets and a Steve Good oven tool I have done. The best part is this was all free wood out of a buddies scrap box for the oak and the pine was out of an old shipping box I salvaged at work and plained down to 1/2" thick.

post-19286-0-05187600-1396020865_thumb.jpgpost-19286-0-03268900-1396021060_thumb.jpg

post-19286-0-65204700-1396021156_thumb.jpgpost-19286-0-85433900-1396021310_thumb.jpg

The oven pulls I have been making them from my scrap1/4 plywood, selling them for $1.oo ea. but if a person is really interesting in something I will give them one and usually they will buy the item they are looking at When I first started making them I was selling them at the same $1.00. It is really a good cheep item for Craft's sales. I usually

IKE give away more than I sell..

Good day Danny

Excellent work and nicely finished. The butterfly appears to have a ripple. Just wondering if you had cut the ripple or is it just the grain in the wood that seams to have that ripple effect. Very effective.

The butterfly is made out of pine then took a torch and flamed it so the grain came out. I like doing this to pine because it will appear to be an older used trivet or antique if you will.

To trivet or not to trivet that is the question,lol i have use for one now.And yes the hot meals will be coming more often now,lol Very nice solid workings you did here.My friends scrap hard wood barrel get unloaded often.It's getting tough to find were t put it all now at home,so i had to buy garbage cans to keep them sorted in,walnut,cedar,oak,poplar,pine,mahogany etc. He buys trailers full out of state cheap.He loves me taking it all that way he doesn't have to lug it to the street!

I love the burn accent ,really puls the grain out especially pine , Years a go ,I made a trunion coffee table out of 2x6's and 2x4's 5' long doweled the planks ,I left everything real rough but sq.Then took the brush burner to it ,very agressively ,out side up wind and power wire brushed ,blew off and sanded turned out to be a beautiful rustic piece ,been passed a round the family for years as decor's have changed ,The thing is bullet proff ,thirteen grand kids ,still looks really good ,Grand daughter ,trying to talk her mother out of it right now ! so If your looking for a change of pace there you go !!