7/18 My First Portrait!

Christina

Of my mom and her dog "Little Man". 8"X10", 1/4" BB and I used a #1 FD New Spiral Blade. I wish I had done this bigger because it was a real booger trying to cut all those jaggedy areas........thank goodness for spirals! I still have to finish it, back it, and frame it..........but I couldn't wait to share lol. My hubby thinks the dog looks like a bush. Aw well I'm happy with it. It's a gift for my mom of course. I'm probably going to back it with posterboard and use spray acrylic finish.......not sure how I'll frame it yet.

Christina

thumb_Moms_Portrait2.jpg

Terrific job on the portrait Christina. You really did a great job on the pattern as well as the portrait. Sure the dog looks a little like a bush, but since it looks like a Lhasa Apso or similar breed, there's not much you could have done. They look like bushes in real life...lol

Barry

Thanks for the kind words everyone...........I appreciate it. LOLOLOL Barry...........very diplomatic! The photo I used to make this pattern was pretty bad.................and the angle of the dogs head made it look like a bush in real life too lolol. I think she'll like it anyway.

Christina

You got that right Keith. Animals, people, and nature scenes are ideal for spiral blades since nature abhors straight lines and symmetry. Only man made object have truly straight lines. I usually use flat blades for ornaments, signs, lettering, and things of that nature. Once you get comfortable with the spirals though you will have no problem doing straight lines with them either.

Barry

Thanks Ugsduck..........I appreciate it. I actually use the new spirals exclusively. I've tried many many straight blades and just can't get the hang of them. But I have no problem with spirals.......I love them!

Barry is so right..........nothing in nature is really a straight line.

Christina