Oh Dear.....It's Here!

Hi everyone. My names Nick, and I'm a scrollerholic. (Round of applause from group) Today I started using the hard stuff - I'm ashamed to say I've been introduced to EX-30 by a dealer and now I'm completely hooked. I've been told that from now on my life and relationships will suffer greatly..."OH WELL - I'M SURE I'LL MANAGE! LOL.

Nick what did you have before?

I had a Scheppach Deco-Flex, Roly. It really was overworked to be honest. The tension rod gave out in the end (the threads were rounded). The amount of times I wound that wheel (every time I had to release / tighten the tension) would probably equate to how often a trucker changed gears in a year! I put some decent stuff out over the last 18 months - so for my 1st saw (entry level as well) it served it's purpose and it taught me a lot...so R.I.P (Rust In Peace) LOL

Edited by Nick@tinkers-cove

Good morning Nick

Silence is Golden after an hour of applauding on your move up to a scroll saw that will make yourself ask why I waited so long. You will find yourself enjoying scrolling even more with this precision machine improving your life. As for relationships, that to will improve, over time. Congrats and enjoy.

Good morning Nick

Silence is Golden after an hour of applauding on your move up to a scroll saw that will make yourself ask why I waited so long. You will find yourself enjoying scrolling even more with this precision machine improving your life. As for relationships, that to will improve, over time. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks Ron. The difference is just amazing. I can't move away! I do however, feel grateful to have worked hard on an 'entry level' saw and moved up...rather than having to drop down. I have always been very humble, but I feel that I've kinda earned this. I can't wait to see what it produces - it seems to cut all on it's own.

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

I full well know the meaning of your post.I wouldn't have wanted it any other way either. Fun and immense enjoyment i had on low grade saws for years and years was incredible. Not knowing there was better and a lot better to be had with all the creature comforts.Those years weren't wasted all all.I has happy as a lark being out of work and being productive instead of being glued to the boob tube.Pure joy and gratification of making little money and giving countless joy to others with my work was satisfying enough.Maybe just maybe i'll get to try a excaliber, GOD willing! :)

I know how you feel Nick.  I started with a 16" Delta and loved every second on it, so much so I worked it to death.  The saddest part is that it belonged to Terry and he never used it not even once. :?:oops:  Then I got myself a DeWalt and boy was I in heaven, now I have a Ex21 as well.  So joy of joys I have 2 great saws and I love every second of them also.  Congratulations :bday: I hope you and your new saw have many happy years together. ;):thumbs:

Marg

I know how you feel Nick.  I started with a 16" Delta and loved every second on it, so much so I worked it to death.  The saddest part is that it belonged to Terry and he never used it not even once. :?:oops:  Then I got myself a DeWalt and boy was I in heaven, now I have a Ex21 as well.  So joy of joys I have 2 great saws and I love every second of them also.  Congratulations :bday: I hope you and your new saw have many happy years together. ;):thumbs:

Marg

Thanks Marg.....I may be gone for a while.  :|

I can add another amen to this thread. I started on a Dremel 2 speed 16" that for 9 months [i worked as hard as I could. Made and sold many a project with that saw. Then last June I got my Anniversary Edition 21" Excaliber and have really really enjoyed it. There was a bit of a learning transition but now I can't imagine using anything else. My son inherited the Dremel, has used it just as hard, and hopefully by this time next week he'll have a new DW788.

I know exactly how you feel Nick. Mt Shop Fox conked out after having it for about 6 months, but it can be fixed and used as a back up. I now have the Big Yellow  Dewalt 788 and love it! Got it about the middle of February and it is still going strong. I hope my saw will last for a long , long time before I'll have to do things like change the motor brushes and all that  stuff. So I know how it is getting a new saw. Enjoy your new saw   Fay