A bit NEEDLED today

Rob Roy

Good evening all. Not been visiting the forum much today. Hospital visit, more holes which I could well do without. No wonder they can't get the warfarin dose stabilised, they keep taking my blood but they never put the bl**dy stuff BACK :cry:  :cry:  :cry: . Hope they get it fixed soon. Dose upped again today and go back for another visit a week today. AHH well, that's life innit. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . 

Rob Roy

not sure what is going on with you but I hope they figure things our with you soon. Not much fun to have no certain results. I guess that is why they call doctoring a practice.  

Dick

heppnerguy

Yes Dick, and I think they have been practicing on me. They're trying to stabilise my intake of warfarin and it's taking it's time. :cry:  :cry: .

Rob Roy.

Roy stay away from green leafy veggies. They are high in vitamin K which is a antidote to warfarin. Took a while to get my INR to the right level years ago. Thank the Lord i don't have to take the warfarin any more, just an aspirin. 

sully

Sully,

So glad to see you on here. I was just got on to make a post and ask if anyone has seen you on here lately. If you have been posting I guess i have missed it. guess you are ok, My second inquiry was going to be about Mahendra, I have not seen him post for awhile either.  

Dick

heppnerguy

Roy, I don't know the reason for you taking Warfarin but if its not for a valve problem, there are alternatives that work better.  I had the same problem as they could never get it regulated so finally switched me to Pradaxa which worked fine for a while but had a reaction so now am on Xarelto which seems to be working.  You only take one pill a day and don't have dietary restrictions plus no blood draws.

Hi Rob,  Maybe you didn't see my last post answering you about Warfarin, (in another thread,) regarding the warfarin treatment. (otherwise known as Cumadin,)

I have been through all that hassle in the past, until I did some research on alternative treatment.  There is a drug known as "Pradaxa" - it was developed in the U.K. 3 or 4 years ago, and was universally approved. With Pradaxa, you no longer need the frequent blood testing that you need with Warfarin.  The reason that the blood needs to be tested so frequently is because when you eat salads, green vegetables etc. you alter your vitamin "K" levels and that throws off the Warfarin dosage.  With Pradaxa, it is not affected that way,  I checked all this out with my Doctor of course, before he put me on it. With Pradaxa you can eat all the salads you want etc. and not only that Pradaxa is 75% more effective in preventing strokes. I of course am not aware of the reasons you are taking Warfarin, (I take it because I have Atrial Fibrillation, which I am extremely happy to say is now well under control.)  Talk it over with your Doctor, you would be doing yourself a great favour. All the very best to you Rob.

Ed