chrisdt

Could someone please tell me how to wire in a footswitch for my EX21. So I have this momentary footswitch which I purchased from the internet...3 wires come from it

Red...Black...and  White. The scrollsaw lead is plugged into the wall...standard 3 pin plug terminating in a kettle socket which plugs into the saw. The uk colours are

Blue...Brown...Green/Yellow Any ideas what I connect to what...Thanks Chris

I'd Call where you bought from or the mfg'r ,better yet and eliminate any doubt.you could smoke the switch ,imho ,being it is not already set up with a female plug in I'd also check to see if amperage is high enough for your purpose.Some are for minor use and hand wired to special low voltage applications ,be worth checking before you alter and can not return if wrong !

They may not have Harbor frt. in the UK .$13.00 well spent ,your hands have enough to do without leaving control of the piece to start and stop the saw ,love the foot switch ,conversions not designed for use can be BAD ,some are not designed use with that motor and can burn up saw's  motor thats why sewing machine foot switches should NOT be used ,Careful ,motors and control board are not cheap !  

Good morning Chris

When I purchased my Ex 15 years ago I purchased a Treadlite ll foot switch model number T-91-SC3 which is dedicated to the saw. This one along with other models available require no special wireing set up. Just plug your saw into it. They are reasonably priced and should last for years. This is what I suggest over wireing a foot switch to a scroll saw or any other machine.

I use a sewing machine foot switch exclusively.It had a resistor in it that i by passed an works fine for years now :)

You are able to do what most cannot without your knowledge and ability and convert correctly, A bunch screwed up and tried to use as was and got into issues ,that was why my simple exclusion .

I always fine what ever you use over the pond we can't use here different voltage different pins but I have what is known as a ON/OFF switch on my machine I fine that adequate for years. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: brillianttttttttttttttttttt. 

Me too.  To each their own.  I never wanted to have to hold my foot on a dead man's switch or hunt with my foot for an on/off foot switch when the regular on/off switch was right in front of me.  I never have a problem reaching for the on/off switch with one hand while holding a piece of work with the other hand.  I know most who have them swear by them.  I did try it and I have a very nice nearly new on/off foot switch on a shelf that will never do more than collect dust and be moved when it is in the way of something I need.

this IS MY 4 TH SCROLL SAW AND I DID HAVE A FOOT PEDAL ONCE RESTING MY FOOT ON IT WASN'T MUCH OFA PROLEMITS FINDEING IT AFTER I TAKE MY FOOT OFF IT AND THEN TRY AND FINDING IT I KICK IT OUT OF POSITION AND HAVE TO GET UP AND FIND IT . the ON OF SWITH WORKS FINE FOR ME.

when being an avid daily scroller,You want to save as many steps as you can to get moving on your projects.Having to stretch out your arm full lenght to add tention to your blade is verbotin Not being able to raise the top arm out of the way to thread the blade into the next hole is cumbersome and deffinently a pain in the neck and back.Tighting the blade with a allen wrench is old school and for the birds if you want to play mechanic instead of scroll man.Having a foot switch made me laugh till i tryed it ,i would not want to have it any other way now.You get it to a roll when you cut out the waste of time options.TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT ! :)

when being an avid daily scroller,You want to save as many steps as you can to get moving on your projects.Having to stretch out your arm full lenght to add tention to your blade is verbotin Not being able to raise the top arm out of the way to thread the blade into the next hole is cumbersome and deffinently a pain in the neck and back.Tighting the blade with a allen wrench is old school and for the birds if you want to play mechanic instead of scroll man.Having a foot switch made me laugh till i tryed it ,i would not want to have it any other way now.You get it to a roll when you cut out the waste of time options.TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT ! :)

Kevin can you have one for each foot just in case you miss the first time a bit like driving a car. lol :lol:

You sure can ,or you can mount it as a knee switch like my commercial sewing mach has to lift the foot and an air lift for the arm ,just what every works best for you and  your situation dictates and you want . Some people are more addicted than others ,That's what keeps the process going ,But what ever the alteration THE BLADE IS STILL THE BOSS!!