Hats Off to Grizzly Industrial

dansnow

What a great company to do business with!

When everyone else, including DeWalt, was telling me that the DW788's were out of stock until late April/early May, Grizzly had them in stock. Not only that, but they were offering the stand/light/saw combo for the same sale price as others.

Ordered the saw on Wednesday, April 2nd. paid the paltry $23 shipping for UPS Ground.  The saw was just delivered a few minutes ago! 

Needless to say my son is a very happy camper, and Grizzly is definitely a company I look forward to doing business with again!

The saw is for my 40 yr old son who is a part of our little home business.

There was one small glitch we just found. Apparently the box hold the parts for the stand was opened during shipment, and when we opened it both front legs and one of the top cross braces were missing. A call to Grizzly and the issue is being taken care of. Will talk with them again on Monday to find out if they will ship missing parts or a whole new stand package.

When you figure in that everyone else didn't have one  in stock, the stand is a minor glitch. He can still start cutting. 

I have a DeWalt too and the more I use it the more i like it. I live in a remote area and I have been considering buying a back up saw. I do have a Ryobe that I can use but i really would like a better quality saw. I am now looking at an RBI saw but know nothing about it. A good saw is a big help at enjoying scrolling if your saw is dependable and easy to use. I hope your son enjoys his saw as much as i do  mine.

Dick

heppnerguy

My experience with Grizzly was somewhat different.  I drove 2 hrs in a pouring rain to attend their tent sale.  Of course, by the time I arrived all the 6" belt sanders had sold.  No problem, I would just buy a new one.  Went inside and pulled the card from the display and then stood in line for 45 min to check out.  Was then informed that it was out of stock and someone forgot to pull the cards.  I offered to buy the display model but they couldn't do that.  The only alternative was order one and pay an additional $40 shipping.  I even spoke to the store manager who could care less.  When I got home called the main customer service # and they also could care less.  If they had offered to discount the shipping, I would still have been somewhat satisfied.  Instead, I went local and bought a Delta which I am still using with no problems.

Here's the final resolution from  Grizzly. Last Friday, 4/5, we received the saw stand and light from Grizzly, about 4:00pm Pacific time. About 4:45 discovered parts from stand box missing. Called Grizzly customer service, and they took the time to talk to me and get all the information even though they were closing for the weekend. Was told they would get back to me on Monday this week. I received email Monday that they were shipping a new stand, which arrived today all parts intact. As for the one with missing parts, they told me if UPS didn't ask for it back within 5 days we could dispose of it as we wished.

All in all very pleased with their customer service. They were very pleasant on the phone, and everything they promised happened in a very timely manner. The stand was replaced in just a few days, no questions asked.

Oh, and today we received their 760 page catalog!! LOL!!