Easter Ascension Cross

dansnow

I showed the progress photos on the works in progress forum, so here it is finished. The Cross is 1/2" maple the backer is 1/4" black walnut. This has about 7-8 hours to get all the cutting done. I didn't reallize till after that the angle makes the back look off center. It isn't, but it spooked me the first time I looked at the picture! :)

This was a commissioned piece for a lady's sister. It will be shipping to the great state of Texas!

post-17477-0-78464000-1397265359_thumb.jpg

The grain in the maple is so fitting for the rock,buildings and mountains.Very wise choice indeed.The half inch wood adds perfect depth to an already great pattern. Your careful cutting brought out the best in this piece.The new owner will flip seeing this creation just in time for easter.Do you think she will be able to contain and not show EVERYONE,lol You will be high on her list of made my day for a long time. Count on plenty of orders coming your way from this piece of work.I'd like to have it myself.Maple is my favorite wood and will search out the thick stuff for religious items now.You set the pace !!! :):thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks everyone. I learned a few things from this project. First and most important, make damn sure your entry holes are drilled 90 degrees!!!! Had a couple that were off because I couldn't reach on my drill press, Second, if you're having issues controlling a blade, switch around until you find one that works. I ended up with a #2 Skip Reverse on some of the finer detail areas. Was slow going in the maple. I used a lot of 'em, but they gave me the control I needed.