I dug out my dremel plunge router

nrscroller

HI all

Following the advice here, I dug out my dremel plunge router that I haven't used in a long time. I have been having issues with wandering wire bits in my pin vise in my big drill press lately. So today I put my vs dremel into the router and boy that is slick. I went to wally mart and bought a cheap goosneck desk lamp and put a 38w led bulb in it for better lighting, and I can move the light around. Thanks for the advice, I'm sticking with this way from now on.

Bill

Yea Bill, Let us see what you are talking about. You see,I'm lost on the

wandering wire bits in my pin vise and vs dremel into the router

Larry

Larry I believe he is referring to the real small drill bits used to hide the entry hole, and the pin vise "chuck" that holds them in his drill press. instead he used his variable speed dremel in a plunge base to drill the holes

Yes Clayton that is what I was referring to, I use my variable speed dremel in the plunge router attachment with wire bits. You can set the depth how far you want to go in and then just move it around where you want to drill holes. 

Here is what it looks like: You can get it at most places that sell dremel and attachments,

080596022617lg.jpg

Found out yesterday how helpful it is.  Actually made it out to the shop and was working on a piece of fretwork.  Did the drilling at the drill press and began cutting.  Of course, found a couple of places that didn't get drilled.  Have the dremel with plunge router attachment by the saw so didn't have to get off my stool to get the holes drilled.  I also keep a smaller bit in it so can use it instead of changing bits in the drill press.