new questions spiarl blades

john shankel

•  
  • bullet_black.png
  • 10 posts
  • tampa fl.

Posted Today, 01:05 PM

well for starter's i am using them for a pattern that was made for me , no i am not new to scrolling, just spiral blade's , this pattern has many unnatural shapes, i will post it when i am done, slow going..what is the best speed on the machine i should use , seems to cut better faster, but not the control issue. and i have been changing them when they start to wounder too much. I am using  #3, and a # 3/0 what if any comments abought this is helpfull ...thanks for the replies given so far :)

The above is all true ,the speed is subject mostly to the thickness of the stock and the pressure you are applying .this blade (SPIRAL) all sizes bow more and always in Multi directions of pressure applied ,you must allow time for that bow to straighten back out before changing directions and swapping force direction ,as allways there is less GULLET to remove the waste saw dust from the cut, slow   steady    guiding of the the work to the blade is (cridical) .Take a piece of scrap the same thickness cut out a big puzzle piece ,then look not only at the piece ,But the outer piece and you can graficly see the effects on the differing bow marks and the effects they have on anything close like bridges and narrow pieces ,then adjust the saw and you  to get the effect and control you NEED!!!