selling tips?

tracyguy

Hi all

I was wondering if anybody had any tips on selling my portraits online. I have tried to post a few on my local selling site without any luck.

I dont know if my photo's or my wording came across srtong enough. How does anyone else advertise there stuff and is there any certain way they photograph their portraits to give them more of an idea of excactly what your selling.

To me I think the public only see and image on birch ply and dont get the full extent of my product.

Any help would be most helpful.

Thanks to all

Martin

I like to promote doing searches in SSV.

Many questions and subjects have been addressed in the past.

If you want additional information or just curious... 

there is a search panel in each section of SSV.

I have no answer for you except  'search'  in  General Scroll Sawing for "selling portraits"

selling scrollwork, selling, how to sell my stuff.

Oh, and if you find an answer, let me know please.

Larry

The only way I have ever sold anything on line was through a chat room.  I was just there chatting , not trying to sell and made a few sales.  This was 5+ years ago.  Selling wooden  art projects requires a hands on , by the shopper, to work well.  I now sell everything I make at local craft shows and festivals.  I make and sell well over seven hundred and fifty items a year now for the last six years at these local sales.

Portraits are a tough one to sell unless people can actually see what it is.  They have a tough time wrapping their head around the fact that it is a single sheet of plywood that's self contained.  I'd keep a couple in your trunk with the original picture tucked in the corner of the frame so people can see it first hand.  If you're relying on internet sales, perhaps make a video really showing what it is.  If nothing else, some closeup pics at different angles, perhaps the ply without the backer, etc.  Really drive home the "magic" of scroll saw portraits.