well I got my new saw

kardar2

Yes indeed I got my new Excalibur 21" it is nice But I had the blade come loose twice at the bottom blade holder so I have to work on that, I am not sure if it is me or the machine. I thought the upper arm held itself up when you raised it. So when you raise the arm and holding the arm with one hand and have a wood project in the other how do you get the blade in the hole? thanks for all the advise

With the bottom blade holder check that the set screw and the other screw is clean alot time they come with a perservate on them clean it up also a handy little jig to make to clean up the clamp screws surfaces.(see attchment) well worth maken one .(could be used for other saws also )DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT . will strip out

For the arm I had the same problem and had to snug up the bolt and nut and works fine now .

To fine the hole takes some practice I put a small mark at the front of my saw with a marker which helped and we all know it is stright down from the top of the blade ( yay right easier said then done )After the 1st cut is done I ussally look for it then move it accordinally to get the blade in

David

Thanks for the info on the Ex 21 blade clamping David. I've been having a bit of trouble with the clamping on the lower part of the blade but now know what I'm doing wrong and can fix the problem. Thanks to a recent financial windfall I was able to to buy a saw that's been on my wish list for a long time and I'm enjoying every minute with it. No more 2 minute blade changes. Magic

With the bottom blade holder check that the set screw and the other screw is clean alot time they come with a perservate on them clean it up also a handy little jig to make to clean up the clamp screws surfaces.(see attchment) well worth maken one .(could be used for other saws also )DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT . will strip out

For the arm I had the same problem and had to snug up the bolt and nut and works fine now .

Snug up what bolt and nut ???

To fine the hole takes some practice I put a small mark at the front of my saw with a marker which helped and we all know it is stright down from the top of the blade ( yay right easier said then done )After the 1st cut is done I ussally look for it then move it accordinally to get the blade in

David

Thanks for the info David Kardar2

Snug up what bolt and nut ???

David

Thanks for the info David Kardar2

I found the nut and bolt and tightened it up and yep! you were right that did the trick thanks again David