Question on age of Dewalt 788

kibitzr

Can anyone tell me at what point in years did the Dewalt scroll saw move its manufacturing from Canada to China?

The reason I ask is , I have found a used 788 about 8 to 10 years of age with about an hours use on it, but the table has a light coat of rust on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Made the trip to look at the Dewalt 788, it was all the man said it was. Fresh as a daisey except for the coat of rust on the table, but after a few minutes with a electric sander and 180 grit emery it was good as new.

Now for a coat of wax and I can finally get to sawing.

I did check for the type number and it said type one, I got lucky on this road trip....sorry for the long post

According to Wikipedia, DeWalt moved all manufacturing to Mexico and China in 2002.

I know they are made here in Mexico but you can't buy them here, you can buy every other tool made by DeWalt but not the 788 I ended up having to import it from the US and ship it here and pay close to 300 duty.