Consignment

Sparkey

I took six pieces over the Holidays to a consignment craft store, and only sold one piece in sixty days, so it really didn't pay for me to put items in the store, as I do craft shows in the areas, and I really  don't like to jack my prices up. Maybe some people  have luck, but I sure didn't. Just my opinion.  edward

Rusty, What % do they charge. I went to a place that charged 40%.

Which in essence raises your price by 60%.

Example: you want $10 they charge 40%. To get your $10 multiply by 60% equals $16

Now they take 40% of $16 is $6.40 and you receive $9.60 which is almost what you wanted.

Just curious.

Larry

Larry she gets 20%. She will either add 20% on to what I want or take 20% from what I priced it at, it's my choice. I had her add 20%. I wanted $25. She has it priced at $31 and change to cover her 20%. When it is sold I will get $25.

Edited by Sparkey

I DON'T DO CRAFT STORES ANDY MORE I HAD GOODS IN TWO DIFFERENT STORES  ONE STORE SOLD SEEVERAL PRODUCTS AND I GOT MY ASKING PRICE. THE OTHER STOOR STAYED OPEN FOR A FEW MONTHS AND TOOK OFF WITH ALL MY SCROLL WORK, I ABOUT BROKE EVEN ON THE TWO STORES, NOT WORTH MY TIME. I SELL MY OWN OR GIVE IT AWAY.

IKE