Pics of shop....

Stogies

A word of advice-- put in 3 times as many circuits as you think you need. (Some of them 220ifpossible-- easier and cheaper now than tearing things up to add them) Also put some outlets in the ceiling-- they can be used more than you think; especially if they have convenient wall switches.

Looking good - One other thing--make it fit you--the way you want it!

I had ceiling outlets in my ND shop and could move lights around easily for the different projects. I had several 4 ft FL-- CHEAP-- ones that hung on small chains from hooks and were very handy and easy to move.

great idea about making lots of wire runs, now. both for outlets and for lighting. better to have it all in place wating for a purchase of a new light then to have a new light and then trying to figure out howyou are going to run the wires. I would suggest replacing the incondencent lights with flourecent light. eliminates shadows and costs less to run. Looks like you are making some great progress and before we know it, we will be seeing a bunch of new porject coming from your shop. Way to go

Dick

heppnerguy

I will run outlets in conduit when i get my benches in place and free standing tools set up.... I am going to have to upgarde my electric panel in the near future......so I can have 220 v and more cuicuts.......and please give any advice I will take it.........Thanks :)

It's like advice for going on vacation,layout all the clothes your going to take and the money you expect to need THEN take 1/2 the clothes and twice as much money ,You can not have enough power outlets ,air drops or vac ports ,then you can change asyou go to whatever you grow into ,heat and cool is really nice ,good light esential ,nobody I know has ever had too many outlet(  multicircuit ),at least one 220 v on each wall condit is excellent 4 way boxes you will not regret spending the extra  later ,if you don't you will ! if you have room and exhaust fan is really nice ,code and mark your circuits in the fourway boxes , conduit is easy to modify if marked wires are there .I know that may put a crimp in the budget starting but it's truely the best advice so easy now so hard later .

All depends on you layout and use and of cource your eye sight ,I have 16 2/bulb 8' ers in my 20'x 30' ,how much is enough is personal usage of the areas in detail ,equipment and versatility you need .w/ enough out lets it's plug and play as needed ,things will likely change and new uses and equipment added !

I even painted the floor white ,for light and finding dropped stuff .roller tables do not like even small things loose on the floor ,almost all my stuff is on wheels of some sort ,again personal use is the real factor . Mine is multi-use year round ,can change most stuff around in minutes to inable room as needed for short interuptions of original main purpose .everybodies needs and abilities are different  and may not be of any value to you . 

Most of my major toys have the stands mounted on 3/4 ply with 4 inch swivel locking casters.  Easy movement and a lot of flexibility for both working and moving things out of the way when not being used.  I then throw a bag of sand or water softener salt on the ply to just add weight.  I have no vibration issues.

Looking well done ,shops unlike boats do not have to be put in the water to start to shrink ,shops just shrink on their own as you start adding the interior ,which is why portability is so important and plug and play connections are so very important .Only if you ever decide to move will you ever realize how much has taken residency in your shop. sweet start ,rest think and enjoy your major sccomplishments you will use for years . 

Edited by Multifasited

It looks like it will be providing a lot of light to me.  My shop is 16 X16 and I have four 2 bulb flourescents and two 4 bulb flouescent light fictures and I don't feel a need for any more. seems to give me all the lightening I desire. You are doing a find job on your shop. I still  am not very organized, but that just is my own nature, I guess. don't  want to be like that, I just am. I am my own worst enemy

Dick

heppnerguy

Well don't feel pregnant ,I think we all are our own worst enemy .But all being perfect in  our own mind ,just can not believe .In truth what ever you want and feel is right for you is what and how you should make your shop ,suggestions and ideas help ,but none of us can know what is the best for you or anyone else really ,fine job so far ,money well spent and done well ,look forward to it's completion and see the fun start as you get to use it !