Wooden Koozie

DWSUDEKUM

Cut from pine. The rings are slightly larger than a 12 oz. soda can. Since the rings are slightly larger than the can I staggered the rings to fit a can when I glued it up, this provides air pockets to help hold the cold better. The koozie was sealed with tung oil with a little bit of ebony stain and then top coated with shellac.

coozie.jpg

coozie2.jpg

DW

I guess a koozie is a cup.  Never heard that word before.  Looks great DW, well done.

Marg

You might have a different name for them.  According to wikipedia 

" The beer koozie (pronunciation: /ˈkuËzi/ koo-zee), "beer hugger",[1] or "beer huggie",[1] is a misnomer as it is not always used for an alcoholic beverage. Other names are "coastie",[citation needed] "cozy",[1][3] "coosie",[4] "coolie",[1] "coldy-holdy",[1] "can cooler",[1] "bawdle",[1] "beer sleeve",[citation needed] and "bottle jacket". In Australia it is called a "stubby holder" due to the shape of the 375 millilitres (13.2 imp fl oz; 12.7 US fl oz) bottles of beer being shorter and fatter compared to the more slender 330 millilitres (12 imp fl oz; 11 US fl oz) bottles. "

A Koozie is normally a fabric or foam device that is designed to thermally insulate a beverage can or bottle.  You can do the same thing using other things as well.  They are pretty common here in the states and are generally used to keep beer and soft drink cans colder longer.  

DW

Great looking and could be used as a drinking cup ... at least a few times.

I like the handle also

Actually Larry there is a 3/8 inch hole in the bottom to allow for drainage.  I guess you could still use it you just have to be coordinated enough to be able to keep the hole blocked while drinking, failure to do so would be a sure sign that you should not be operating a vehicle :)

DW

You might have a different name for them.  According to wikipedia 

" The beer koozie (pronunciation: /ˈkuËzi/ koo-zee), "beer hugger",[1] or "beer huggie",[1] is a misnomer as it is not always used for an alcoholic beverage. Other names are "coastie",[citation needed] "cozy",[1][3] "coosie",[4] "coolie",[1] "coldy-holdy",[1] "can cooler",[1] "bawdle",[1] "beer sleeve",[citation needed] and "bottle jacket". In Australia it is called a "stubby holder" due to the shape of the 375 millilitres (13.2 imp fl oz; 12.7 US fl oz) bottles of beer being shorter and fatter compared to the more slender 330 millilitres (12 imp fl oz; 11 US fl oz) bottles. "

A Koozie is normally a fabric or foam device that is designed to thermally insulate a beverage can or bottle.  You can do the same thing using other things as well.  They are pretty common here in the states and are generally used to keep beer and soft drink cans colder longer.  

DW

The foam "stubby holder" is very popular in Australia, I have never seen a wooden one.  Every household as at least 6 faom ones. ;)   They are called stubby holder because the small bottles of beer are called stubbies.

Marg