MAGIC WAND

Don't ask me why I made this I thought I'll make some out of teak and put a length on the lathe turned it then sanded it and sanded it some more then a bit more with micro pads then a bit of super glue coating and finished it with some friction polish, man I don't think I'll make to many of them it's quicker to make pens. 

PS: Forgot the dremel work and the gloss black paint and waiting for that to dry and sanding that, do you get what I mean now. 

Roly

post-2228-0-73424800-1400602957_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Don't ask me why I made this I thought I'll make some out of teak and put a length on the lathe turned it then sanded it and sanded it some more then a bit more with micro pads then a bit of super glue coating and finished it with some friction polish, man I don't think I'll make to many of them it's quicker to make a pens. 

Roly

Ah Ha Roly, a Harry potter fan. Maybe you could use it to sort out the weather up here. We went to the race track Sunday to do the timing for the single seater time trials and it was absolutely baltic and I actually got sunburned !!!. Yesterday was the opposite, It was hitting 80 F on the thermometer and then we had a three hour thunderstorm. Aye, the weather's wonderful here :cry:  :cry:  :cry: .

Rob Roy.

Edited by Rob Roy

Ah Ha Roly, a Harry potter fan. Maybe you could use it to sort out the weather up here. We went to the race track Sunday to do the timing for the single seater time trials and it was absolutely baltic and I actually got sunburned !!!. Yesterday was the opposite, It was hitting 80 F on the thermometer and then we had a three hour thunderstorm. Aye, the weather's wonderful here :cry:  :cry:  :cry: .

Rob Roy.

Same here last night Roy thunder storms a bit better today. I used the wand this morning. :lol:  :lol:

That's a good point do you know how much drum sticks cost and what are they usually made from? 

Not sure about the cost but when I Googled the cost I saw prices from $5 to $15 USD or 3.65€ - 10.95€.  They generally seem to be made from hickory however I am sure that other materials have been used before.

DW

Not sure about the cost but when I Googled the cost I saw prices from $5 to $15 USD or 3.65€ - 10.95€.  They generally seem to be made from hickory however I am sure that other materials have been used before.

DW

Thanks DW seems it not worth the hassle more work than there worth ONE THINKS. Roly

nice work  :)  never heard of superglue coating looks reel nice 

If you wooden turn pens it's used to coat and fill voids, you would put it on with a bit of tissue spin it by hand all along the piece then fire up the lathe and hold a clean piece on it moving along and it dries hard with a rubbish smell as it goes off then sand it lightly and coat over the top with friction polish if your not happy do it again the more coat the more the gloss and job done. Roly